[OM] I ain't got my panties balled up about the e-400, yet . . .

Subject: [OM] I ain't got my panties balled up about the e-400, yet . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:10:57 EDT
Essentially being away from my computer for a couple of weeks has probably
saved me a bit of aggravation about Olympus America's decision to not import
the  e-400 and all the associated discussion of it here on the list.  My first
cut reaction is, "It isn't what I've been waiting for anyway and really
wouldn't  be that tempted by it as a back up or primary body."  My second
reaction
is. "Photokina doesn't start until the 26th of September and I wouldn't expect
 them to announce "The Big One" until after the show started."

As we all wait for the announcement of an e-1 replacement (assuming it
comes), the two questions that remain in my list of things to be interested in
from Photokina are:

1) What does Epson have up their sleeve? I've just received an email teaser
from them about a big and better deal on their professional printers.  It  is
also implied that it will be a cheaper deal.  As one who has a cramp in  my
trigger finger from being just about ready to pull the trigger on the 7800,
I'm
excited about the possibilities suggested by this teaser.  I may also  be
thankful for putting up with the cramp.

2) Assuming Olympus doesn't announce a replacement for the e-1, my question
is, "Which of the Can*n digital full frame bodies should a disappointed
Olympus  customer look at as either a transition body for moving to the Can*n
system
or  to give them a full frame digital solution for their OM lenses."

So, that is what is on my mind as we approach Photokina.   <{8^)  Bill Barber