[OM] Re: 'Chip' activates focus points

Subject: [OM] Re: 'Chip' activates focus points
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 19:48:08 -0400
 Hi,
I own an orphaned  Cameraquest adapter only,  sans 5D, as a preface to any
remarks.
I believe it reports f1.4 to the camera as to engage the higher precision AF
mode---so it is imp't.  Chuck thought the AF clue with a beep mechanism was OK
with a reasonably discrete focal subject area to the best of my memory thus
making a chipped adapter of more interest to me. The chips can be tweaked with
the firmware to focus to different points.  This may be more imp't than the
chip people wished as it implies one may need a range of chipped adapters.  How
much the focal point may vary with different lenses on the same body is not
clear to me.
I don't think Johnny was too impressed thus far, though he  did not purchase it
from the UK site.  I was hoping that the chipped adapter, angle finder, +/-
Katzeye screen (none exists yet) would be a pseudo OM4Ti D that would serve as
a nice body to use any OM glass, even the slower ones that can be problematic
focusing with the 5D.   Jeff hasn't rendered an opinion yet on his angle finder
as a focusing aid which Johnny thought helpful though not a slam dunk as
implied in a couple Pnet posts.

Mike
AOL Mail and more.