[OM] Re: Olympus USA says no to E-400?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus USA says no to E-400?
From: "Komtanoo Pinpimai" <romerun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 22:43:49 -0500
It's understandable why OM Am won't go for E-400, in fact really reaally
reaaaally want to sell it, but they can't. I guess, because they invest a
lot on promotion and stock huge amount of E-500, if E-400 comes out, who's
gonna buy E-500, which has no outstanding feature -- it isn't heavy/rigid
enough to feel good in men's hand, nor is it small enough to satisfy women,
nor has it liveview.. Introducing E-400 forcing them to siginificantly
reduce E-500 price.

I would guess, when OM Am sell E-500 out, they will make another
announcement "since E-400 has been successful in Europe and Asia, we're
please to introduce it here by next month.. bla bla..". It should available
in US soon. Except this conspiracy, I don't see why they don't want to make
market in US..

-kem

On 9/15/06, Stephen Walker < stephenpwalker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just found this on dpreview.com.  I thought for sure limiting the E-400 to
> Europe was due to production shortfalls but apparently it is just
> marketing.  Marketing stupidity, in my opinion....
>
> "
> UPDATE 15/09/2006, Official Statement from Olympus USA:
>        Statement regarding E-400:
>
> It is not uncommon for products to be available in select regions.  In the
> Americas, we chose to focus on the Evolt E-500 and Evolt E-330 due to their
> overwhelming success.  Both products have won multiple awards.
>
> Our E-Series products were recently recognized for customer satisfaction
> for cameras over $600 by J.D. Power and Associates.  The Evolt E-330
> received Editors Choice Awards from American Photo and PC Magazine.  The
> Evolt E-500 was also named "Best Buy" by PC World.
>
> Another recent example of products being available in one region is the
> Stylus 725SW, which was recently announced in Europe.  Olympus Imaging
> America is continuing to focus on the Stylus 720SW due to its continued
> success in the Americas."

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

when you were born, a problem was solved