[OM] Olympus USA says no to E-400?

Subject: [OM] Olympus USA says no to E-400?
From: Stephen Walker <stephenpwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:56:01 -0700 (PDT)
Just found this on dpreview.com.  I thought for sure limiting the E-400 to
Europe was due to production shortfalls but apparently it is just marketing.
Marketing stupidity, in my opinion....

"
UPDATE 15/09/2006, Official Statement from Olympus USA:
       Statement regarding E-400:

 It is not uncommon for products to be available in select regions.  In the
Americas, we chose to focus on the Evolt E-500 and Evolt E-330 due to their
overwhelming success.  Both products have won multiple awards.

 Our E-Series products were recently recognized for customer satisfaction for
cameras over $600 by J.D. Power and Associates.  The Evolt E-330 received
Editors Choice Awards from American Photo and PC Magazine.  The Evolt E-500
was also named "Best Buy" by PC World.

 Another recent example of products being available in one region is the Stylus
725SW, which was recently announced in Europe.  Olympus Imaging America is
continuing to focus on the Stylus 720SW due to its continued success in the
Americas."