[OM] Re: E-400 on dpreview

Subject: [OM] Re: E-400 on dpreview
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:47:32 +0000
I've been an SI subscriber for close to 40 years, and there's no doubt that
when they went digital, the quality went downhill. Of course, I'm an old fart
and don't mind a bit of grain once in a while if a shot has to be blown up a
lot, but some of the crap they publish now -- don't get me started. The "great
shot" quotient may have improved marginally because of the ease of shooting
1000 pictures per quarter, but the quality is just not what it used to be.

Another magazine to which I have been a long-time subscriber seems to be pretty
much sticking with film, although with maybe a bit of judicious airbrushing
sometimes: Playboy. Most of them wimmen-folk still look mighty fine to my aging
eyes. Of course, even SI still shoots the swimsuit issue with an RB-67 and
film. I guess it's a matter of how deserving is the subject, and if it's Jocks
versus Jills, the Jills win.

Walt, a one-time Jock

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from