[OM] Re: isle royale trip

Subject: [OM] Re: isle royale trip
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 06:51:19 -0500
On 9/13/06, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> AG Schnozz wrote:
> > The moose count is way down on Isle Royale this year. Something
> > like 300 for the entire set of islands.  It was pretty slim
> > pickings for us.
> >
> We held our convention elsewhere this year.
>
> Moose

Well, somebody else was driving your boat at Isle Royale then. ;^)

There was a moose cow and calf that came down pretty close to the
lodge, about half mile from where we were bagging down.  News traveled
up the paths, but I declined to run down there to take photos of other
people taking photos of other people trying to take photos of meese.
Probably a lost opportunity, but I haven't been overcome with regret
yet.  That was possibly the evening were got the sunset of a lifetime
or else the pink moon.  You can only handle so much stimulus, and I'm
not talking about Ken's coffee.

Joel W.