[OM] Re: Two versions of the OM 2?

Subject: [OM] Re: Two versions of the OM 2?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 20:06:20 -0400
 Was given an OM2N with other gear by a judge with whom my wife works to
keep/sell.  This is in contrast to my  usual trusted OM-2.
As long as we were focusing on differences in the manuals the other
differences in the models seem to include:

2N--expos. compensation warning flag--not in OM2
2N-max 120 sec auto exp, 60 sec max, OM2
2N--accepts only shoe 4:  OM2-shoe1-non TTL, shoe 2 for Auto 310 only, shoe 3
for T-series flash
2N flash ready light in finder not in OM2
2N auto reset of shutter speed to 1/60  OM2 in auto the shutter is still under
auto control.  It will not fire the flash if light results in speed >1/60th and
keeps shutter open longer if flash insufficient.  (I think this might be better)

2N steel reinforced neck strap lugs, OM2-brass

If there are errors or omissions, I will likely hear.

Sorry about the other post, Moose.  The silence was deafening.  I am duly
chastened.  My wife says I have quite a sophomoric SOH.  I do reserve the right
to further embarrass myself in the future.  I trust I am forgiven.

Mike

AOL Mail and more.