[OM] Re: [photos] Ferns

Subject: [OM] Re: [photos] Ferns
From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 11:38:07 -0700
Tim,

You may want to do a little research. According to the book "Plants of the
Pacific Northwest Coast", "Despite aboriginal use, you should not be eat
these plants, bracken has been implicated in livestock poisoning and stomach
cancer".  Also according to this book, the Ostrich fern, which looks similar
to the Sword fern, is the source of the fiddleheads sold in markets.

Darin