[OM] Re: [photos] Ferns

Subject: [OM] Re: [photos] Ferns
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 16:19:35 -0700
Thanks for posting this. I work with a "fern nut". Bob found a fern at his
aunt's home that he didn't recognize. He contacted some of the experts in
the fern net and found out that it was a new species (at least it hadn't
been named and documented). I believe he and a professor he got in touch
with named it.

He's provided a few small plants to several people including me. Mine has
grown a little since he gave it to me. To my un-trained eye it looks very
similar to the one you've photographed. Here's a picture of Bob standing
outside my cubicle next to the fern he gave to me after it grew a little bit
;-)

http://www.olympus-photography.com/aunt_abbie_fern/index.htm

Taken with an E-1 + Zuiko 14-54 (I think).

-jeff