[OM] Re: OT computer question

Subject: [OM] Re: OT computer question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 21:02:18 -0700
Mike Lazzari wrote:
> Chuck, I don't know much about it except what I can find from MS. (see
> below) I'm not sure I can find drivers for all my old hardware nor could
> I run old apps, access old data. And it looks like an upgrade to PS CS2
> would be necessary. MS also says that unless your file size exceeds 2gb
> maybe 32bits are enough. Running XP HomeEd I'm looking at the 3gb RAM
> limit so if going Pro why not 64bitPro? Big $$$ to do all this though.
> Anyone been there, done that?

A while ago, somebody posted to the effect that XP64 was only useful for
rather specialized needs and added no speed or function for most common
uses. I believe it's the dual processor/core that really picks up a some
things, especially PS, starting with maybe PS7(?), certainly by PSCS(8).

XP64 sounds to me like a solution in search of a problem. I personally
wouldn't touch it except perhaps pre-installed on a new system. Then I
could migrate things to it at leisure.

Moose