[OM] Re: Samyang/Phoenix (was Re: OM mount)

Subject: [OM] Re: Samyang/Phoenix (was Re: OM mount)
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 20:15:20 -0700
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxx>

> E-1, 500/8 Zuiko:
>
> http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/media/192375/site1079.jpg
>
> With a Katz Eye screen, focusing is NOT a problem. Go for it. You can
> always PS on the occasional bit of bad bokeh.
>
> Walt

Thanks for that!  Now I just need to add the Katz Eye screen to the budget -
does anyone know why Olympus doesn't produce such spilt screens for their
digital cameras?  The 1-13 was the default one for the OM system.

From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>

> Lots of people on the list have the Tamron 300mm f2.8 and it's a good one.
> Mine was about $700 on eekbay. I had a 350mm Oly but sold it. It was
> better
> than the Tamron but was very heavy. I use both the 180mm f2.8 Zuiko and
> the
> big Tamron with the E1 and like the results. This image of an Osprey chick
> waiting for food was taken with the E1, Tamron 300, and the 2x and 1.4x
> boosters. The nest is on a rock needle way down in a canyon. /jmac
>
> http://myweb.cableone.net/jmac25/Assets/Images/P6130477.jpg

Not a bad idea actually.  I had considered getting 300mm something but
thought it would be too close to my 50-200mm.  But I have heard good stories
about that T lens, will put it in my *bay search.