[OM] Re: Samyang/Phoenix (was Re: OM mount)

Subject: [OM] Re: Samyang/Phoenix (was Re: OM mount)
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 11:35:14 -0600
I don't remember if they used plastic or glass but I think it was glass. The
thing zoomed by sliding and had a single small tripod mount point. It was
very unstable to the point of being flexible. I built a strong-back for it
to create a three- point mounting support. Here are a couple of pictures of
the setup. I also had a two-point mount for the tripod connection. The front
connection is a plastic cradle from a Bushhawk shoulder pod (with a velcro
strap) and the camera is mounted on a flexible rubber thing made by Bogen.
The center mount column is wood. The whole exercise was a waste of time. The
lens required too much light and the image quality was not good enough.

  http://myweb.cableone.net/jmac25/Assets/Images/Mon_196.JPG

 http://myweb.cableone.net/jmac25/Assets/Images/Mon_197.JPG

/jmac