[OM] Re: magic pixels; please pass the mustard

Subject: [OM] Re: magic pixels; please pass the mustard
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 16:41:07 -0700
That would indeed be surprising since FujiFilm has not shown any
inclination to sell sensors. Neither has Canon.  You would think
Panasonic because they are partners and so much has been shared all
ready. But that would not be surprising. Fill Factory, the maker of
the Kodak dslr sensor has its own noise problems and I don't know
much about Daelsa. Since there are not too many sensor makers, I
would say Sony. They have previously shown they are willing to design
to a maker's specs and even incorporate the camera maker's own
technology into their sensors. They do not mind selling to competing
camera makers. It is surprising since Sony is not part of the 4/3 group.

Who else is part of the 4/3 group? Tamron, who running a teaser for a
new camera with a new Foveon sensor to be announced at Photokina.
Hmm. Now if that Foveon is a 4/3 sensor and has more resolution, THAT
would be interesting.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA