[OM] Re: magic pixels; please pass the mustard

Subject: [OM] Re: magic pixels; please pass the mustard
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 22:36:23 +0800
Frankly Wayne, I find the "modern millennium's" approach to instructional
documentation woeful and I include Olympus here. I did get a little bit
involved in documentation but too little to make any authoritative comment
other than to say that I could definitely do better. I had read the E-1,
E-500, FL-36, FL-50 manuals and when I run  out of toilet tissues, I know
where I can find backups.
Compared to my OM days where we had great publications other than manuals,
we don't have much of these, these days. As a result, my club is thinking of
producing training videos on certain Olympus digital models and make them
available for sale.

On 01/09/06, Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I find the E-500 user manual isnt too bad. It explains
> > the basic stuff. People often ask how they can start
> > to use more of the features in the camera. I tell them
> > to start in auto and work their way around slowly.
> > Experiment on their own. Isnt that we did with manual
> > SLR's back in the day?
> >

> perhaps pull out an OM-n manual and make the comparison yourself.
>
> ...Wayne

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Khen Lim