[OM] Re: F/ U on Z. 85 f2 and new review

Subject: [OM] Re: F/ U on Z. 85 f2 and new review
From: "Bart Wientjes" <bartjew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 02:26:11 +0200
On 9/1/06, usher99@xxxxxxx <usher99@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Recently purchased Z. 85 F2 from Jaap.  Though I should stick to
> landscapes and lichens, was recently called upon for some head and shoulder
> portrait shots.  Overall, VERY nice results with the 85 f2 and it certainly
> is a joy to carry around.  Noticed a new C*non 85 f1.2 with faster
> focusing which was recently reviewed.

Mike,

 I think the list is in total agreement that the 85/2 is a beauty.
Hope you make beatifull pictures with yours. Any chance for us of seeing one
of the shots? I for myself treasure it as my favourite Zuiko.

Glad to see Jaap still gets business. I've purchased a few things from him
myself, all to my satisfaction. I guess I am in the advantage that it's just
a half-hour drive from my office....

http://www.slrgear.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/354/cat/10

> They do review it on the 5D as well, whose purchase looms.
>
> Weighs about 1 KG and costs about $2.00 per gram.  If you act quickly, it
> can be had for $2049 instead of the usual $2100 at Adorama or Tri
> State.  Cough, cough. Probably not a fair apples to apples comparison, but
> still....

For all you C*nonites who like the fl of 85 mm and think the above mentioned
lens is a bit too rich for your blood, perhaps try a sidestep to the C*ntax
Zeiss 85/1.4. Indeed, manual focus and adapter required, but I wouldn't mind
be shooting with that kind of glass....

Cheers,
Bart