[OM] Re: 4/3 System

Subject: [OM] Re: 4/3 System
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 19:06:06 -0700
Alan Magayne-Roshak wrote:

> I loved the OM system for its size and functionality (no need to turn the
> camera on to take a picture).
Many DSLRs now work essentially instantaneously. If you leave the switch
on, they apparently turn off after a selectable period, but aren't
really off, like the OM-2(n) bodies. Push the shutter release and they
take a picture - now. My first OT DSLR took about 1.5 seconds before it
was able to take a pic. The new one is instantaneous.

Most of them are also able to take a picture the instant the switch is
turned on, without waiting for the system to start-up. This is not true
of the 4/3 system DSLRs because of the dust removal operation they
operate when started up. The E-1 also operates the dust removal each
time it wakes up - about 1.5 secs? The other models may still do that, I
don't know. Others will.

Moose