[OM] Re: Spam:Re: Next E-x?

Subject: [OM] Re: Spam:Re: Next E-x?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hans.van.veluwen@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 01:41:37 +0200
Khen, because of the smiley first I thought that you were joking.

A digital back? I would have imagined the OM-5 to be something like an
upgraded OM-4Ti with features already present in other models, like DX
film speed decoding, ESP metering or program mode, but a digital back?
Truly amazing.

The decision to trash Maitani's design was probably even a bigger
mistake than missing the AF train - I know every OM lover would have
bought this camera.

Do you know if the prototype back needed serious modifications for the
OM-4Ti body? Or was it backwards compatible with older models?

Hans

Khen wrote:

: Me too. Maitani had a working prototype and if memory serves me
correctly,
: the DB was weighing in at around 2.2Mpix at that time. Plenty then,
paltry
: now of course. The board shot the OM-5 down in flames and many of us
till
: today are fairly adamant that it was this issue that broke
Maitani-san's
: heart. He was so resolute that it would work.