[OM] Re: [OT] mobile living project... was Re: Satisfaction faction

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] mobile living project... was Re: Satisfaction faction
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 22:20:34 +0200
Khen,

I welcome your sharing in OM-knowledge very much!

This was meant very much ironic, I rather like all this knowledge and
these tidbits, as I am sure most OM-listees and listettes do.
I didn't see that much list traffic for ages, and that is a good sign!
And I think that Olympus should be honoured by the list's attention for
the OM-series, would they have followed our discussions
the E-X could have an OM-4 metering mode with dedicated "shooting mode"
buttons, and not menu items. Having to push a button and turn a wheel
simply to switch to spot metering (single :( ) is a dishonour to their
own engineering history.
The shooting SPEED of the OM-series is something they really should
consider in the design of the next pro E-series body.

In a way you feel that Maitani really cares to take pictures, making
the process as easy and intuitive as possible. Sometimes,
when using the E-1 I really think: do these designers ever use a camera
in real life? However the E-interface still suits me best of all dslrs
:) What just baffles me is that one can customize the E-1's two control
wheels in A, S and P-mode, but not in M-mode! So much for logic :)

Iwert.

Op 30-aug-06 om 21:47 heeft khen lim het volgende geschreven:

> On 31/08/06, iwert <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> Joel,
>>
>> Now I am getting interested, way too much On Topic talk lately, with
>> wonderfull insights
>> on OM development, I hate to say it, but this is soooooo unromantic,
>> please khen, leave some
>> dreams for the future, longing for something new, be it a camera, or
>> information on "old equipment", is so nice :).
>

> Sometimes the "current development/future talk" stuff can't be helped
> because I'm getting a considerable number of mails asking for my
> response.
> I'm just delighted that people are so into Olympus and for that, I'll
> stay
> true to task as a point of service to anyone who asks. I'm fairly sure
> that
> if Olympus Japan sees the passion and activity here, they'll be very
> honoured.
> OM development stories are wonderful to talk about and I have my fair
> share
> and in fact far more than current issues, which I am only coming to
> grips
> with from Shinju-ku. So from that perspective, no problems at all - -
> but as
> I said, i answer whatever questions that come my way including OM....
> :)
>
> (however your OM-5 story enlightened me on the enigmatic smile of an
>> Olympus responsable in Olympus plaza, Tokyo, I got when asking about
>> OM-development, and digital backs somewhere september 2000)
>>
>> I will be doing a seven week project with architecture students on
>> "mobile architecture".
>>
>> Since there are a lot of "happy campers" on the list, could you give
>> me
>> some tips on what are your absolute
>> basic needs when living mobile?
>>
>> And how do you live mobile, a camper, a tent, a boat? all influx
>> welcome...
>>
>> Iwert.
>>
>> ps: In my place there should at least be a compartment with my trusty
>> OM2n, 3ti, 21,40,50 and 100/2... to keep things moderately on topic!
>>

>> Op 30-aug-06 om 21:17 heeft khen lim het volgende geschreven:
>>>
>>> Pretty funny bunch, you guys. I'll probably die laughing before I
>>> could get
>>> one shot in. Wish I am there now.
>>>
>>> K.

>> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com