[OM] Re: Next E-x?

Subject: [OM] Re: Next E-x?
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 02:56:54 +0800
Thanks Paul
It's good to feel welcome.

I left Olympus in 1992 actually and a few months after I "retired," my
sensei - Yoshihisa Maitani - retired from his position as Director. We all
knew he was very sad and in fact, from 1990 to 1992, these weren't the best
of years for him for a number of reasons.
Since then I have been in touch with my peers who largely work from either
Shinju-ku, Ina or Hachioji although I also had stints in Osaka and even came
to Woodbury, NY when Olympus was sited there.
I came back with a vengeance only this year after hearing lies after lies in
the market from none other than people who use, promote and evangelise Nikon
and Canon but principally Canon. No, I'm not going to use this site to slate
either but I'm incensed at the stuff they tell people. And so when
Four-Thirds was launched, that was the last straw.
As a result I have founded an Olympus-centric camera club and will use it as
a very strong platform to set things right. It's the least I could do for
the company I love and the one who really shaped the way I think and the
passion I have.

K.

On 30/08/06, Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> khen lim wrote:
> > Hi guys
> >
> > I'm new to this list and this is my second response.
> > I was introduced by Ali Shah and if I can be of help in answering any of
> > your questions, do ask.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > K.
>
> Welcome!  We are, for the most part, a decent bunch.  Slightly
> dysfunctional at times, but what families aren't?
>
> Glad to have you along for the ride.
>
> --
>

> Paul Braun
> Valparaiso, IN
>
> "There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins
>
> "Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
>
> "The Fountain of Youth is a state of mind." - The Ides of March

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Khen Lim
XIOS Network Solutions