[OM] Re: please help to stop me boing digital and buying a

Subject: [OM] Re: please help to stop me boing digital and buying a
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:59:56 -0400
Thanks for the link Winsor - I'll try studying it
a little more tomorrow after I've had a good
nights sleep.  Tonight I'm just not feeling up to
digesting footnotes like the following:  :-)

"3. MTF is calculated by the MTFCurve2 program,
assuming the
<http://www.normankoren.com/Tutorials/MTF1A.html#Excellent_lens>excellent
lens and sharpening. For digital sensors, I
entered  mtfcurve2 1e4 0 61 2 dscan sincpwr
s,  where  dscan = 1000/pixel spacing in µm
(pixels/mm); sincpwr = 3 for Bayer sensors with
anti-aliasing, 1.5 for Foveon X3 sensors; s =
sharpening, set so MTF at low spatial  frequencies is about 0.7 of peak MTF. "

Later,
Johnny

At 09:55 PM 8/21/2006, Winsor Crosby wrote:

>And there is more to a good image than lpmm. Norman Koren uses
>information theory to analyze the situation and he finds that an 8MP
>Canon has 95 percent of the resolution of film and that an 11MP Canon
>exceeds it by a considerable amount.
>
>http://www.normankoren.com/Tutorials/MTF7.html

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA