[OM] Re: please help to stop me boing digital and buying a

Subject: [OM] Re: please help to stop me boing digital and buying a
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 20:24:22 -0400
At 03:32 PM 8/21/2006, Moose wrote:

>The 5D clearly beats film scanned on my 4000 dpi scanner.

I had started writing a long response but decided to crop it because
I didn't want to upset Walt by posting a lot of off topic stuff
instead of on topic stuff like Dilbert cartoons and "how big my yard is".  :-)

Anyway, were you comparing your 5D to scans from Velvia or negative
film?  I get measurably better resolution, in lpmm, from scanned 35mm
Velvia compared to 5D files.  I can see that just the opposite would
be true if I compared it to negative film.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA