[OM] (OT) Living the good life

Subject: [OM] (OT) Living the good life
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:40:11 +0000
A couple of recent rain showers caused a growth spurt in the little bit of lawn
we have left after 30-plus years permitting and encouraging the woods to take
over the entire property. I have a two-year-old Toro electric-start,
self-propelled, walk-behind lawnmower, and a steep driveway with an S-curve to
get to the "lawn."

At precisely 11:02 a.m. I opened one of the garage doors, walked the 20 feet to
the yard barn, unlocked it and opened the doors, dragged out and gassed up the
mower, primed the engine, turned the key, followed it up the driveway, mowed
the entire grassy knoll that remains on our nearly-an-acre lot, put the mower
away, closed and locked the yard barn doors, pushed the button to close the
garage door, and was back in air-conditioned comfort when I opened a frosty
cold MGD at exactly 11:11 a.m.

Life is good. Trees are the answer. And vinca and English ivy don't hurt. :-)

Maybe after I rest from my labors I'll take some pictures.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --