[OM] Re: panasonic review

Subject: [OM] Re: panasonic review
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:03:27 -0400
It doesn't all have to be Canon.  Sigma makes a 14mm 2.8, a 20mm 1.8 and
a 24mm 1.8 in EOS mount.  Tamron also makes a 14mm 2.8 but everything is
zoom after that.  Until recently Tokina made a 17mm 3.5 AT-X Pro (as
well as a cheaper one)  Several Tokina lenses seem to have disappered
from the market recently but you may still be able to find this in a few
back alley stores or else used from KEH or the bay.

A friend has the Sigma 20mm and likes it a lot although that usage was
mostly on a 20D.  He has a 5D now so I'll have to ask him how it
performs there.  All these lenses get pretty fair reviews on Fred
Miranda's site but that's a fur piece from scientific evaluation.