[OM] For Garth in YYC: Re: Re: [OT] Trans-shipping personal goods includ

Subject: [OM] For Garth in YYC: Re: Re: [OT] Trans-shipping personal goods including cameras
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:18:58 -0300
Garth:

The 3 1/2" x 5" green cards are entitled:

"Identification Of Articles For Temporary Exportation"

"Description D'Articles Exportes Temporairement"

and have the form code "Y38" in the bottom left hand corner followed by the
month/year in brackets ... no doubt the month and year in which the form was
printed or amended.

I have cards issued from Surrey, BC to Halifax, NS over the last 30 years
and they all contain the Y38 code and all look the same except for slight
tonal changes in the green paper.

In 2004 I had a Canada Customs officer issue a card for my Rolex watch even
though the serial number is inside the case. My full name is engraved on the
rear which was taken as sufficient identity in lieu of a serial number. This
card is white but otherwise is the same as the green ones and like the green
ones has "Y38" in the bottom left corner of the front side.

As far as I know these green [or white] cards are available for completion
at all port of entry / exit Canada Customs offices. Isn't there a Canada
Customs office in the Harry Hays Building, 220 - 4th Avenue SE, Calgary?

John