[OM] Re: Camping trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Camping trip
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 15:46:13 -0700
Mike wrote:
> ........ so I have no idea what this will
> look like on your monitor..perhaps a bit washed out? In any event it is
> beyond my technical capabilities to do much about it in a reasonable
> amount of time until I can get some new tools.
>
> http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WatsonLks/watson13a.jpg
> http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WatsonLks/watson23a.jpg

13a is a lovely composition. 23a is a knockout, just wonderful!

13a is a little flat looking, nothing a little post can't correct
<http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Mike/watson13a.htm>.

23a is less so. It could stand just a little snapping up, not much.

Both have blown highlights, which should be correctable in rescanning,
unless they are a result of processing. If it's the scanning, you have
the White Point set at too high a number. They aren't as visually
obvious in 23a, but really mess up the clouds in 13a. There's nice,
subtle detail until suddenly a blob is just all pure white.

Moose