[OM] Re: orange and yellow filters with digital for black and white

Subject: [OM] Re: orange and yellow filters with digital for black and white
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 08:52:58 -0700
Just to add onto Chuck. There are several specialized black and white
converters that act like filters in Photoshop with all the color
filtration built into a slider. They are quite easy to use and
preview what you will get. That capability is being added to regular
raw converters as well. What is also nice is if your camera allows
you to set it to black and white in raw which gives you a desaturated
preview on the LCD but a raw color image to convert to B & W anyway
you please, assuming your converter will allow you to defeat the
camera settings.

Here is a minireview of a converter that will, perhaps, make things
clearer. It has an animation about half way down the page of a
Bangladeshi woman with the filtration slider being changed. It has a
30 day free trial so that you can try it yourself.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/software/must-have.shtml

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA