[OM] Re: E-1 craving

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 craving
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 07:29:14 -0700 (PDT)
BP wrote:
> To me, it seems to be more camera-like, where most digital
> cameras seem to be the bastard cousins of blackberrys or
> game boys or something else electronic. For that, I give
> Panasonic a round of applause.

Amen, Bro.

> The whole live preview business just seems like a solution
> for a problem I can't begin to anticipate. Although I do like
> the movable screen, there's little else to attract me.

Oh, man, do I ever disagree with you on this one.  The live
preview is HUGE! This is one of the most critical features of my
A1.  For studio work, it's absolutely perfect. Also being able
to use it for photographing in places where there isn't enough
room behind the camera to focus and frame the picture.

I very much welcome live preview. In fact, if the E-1 successor
has it AND has decent MP count, I'll be bleeding Zuiko for years
to come.

Live preview gives you ALL of the advantages of a waist-level
focus screen AND 4x5 ground glass without the flipped images and
dimness.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com