[OM] Re: why sometimes I wish I was shooting film

Subject: [OM] Re: why sometimes I wish I was shooting film
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 14:31:43 -0700
Richard Lovison wrote:
> Last night I had quite a scare........  What a pain.  I discovered the
> problem at 10pm and finally went to bed at 1:30AM after getting my system
> back to normal. Technology... it put a few more gray hairs on my head last
> night.

Glad it all came right in the end. Computers and operating systems are
an unending pain - and I can't imagine living without them. :-)

I've gone the route Chuck recommends. I have an external 500gb drive
that is only on and connected when doing backups. Even if the main
drives completely self destruct or a virus takes over the machine and
wreaks havoc, the backups are safe.

The economics and ergonomics are compelling, HD space is about the same
price as gold DVDs and the process of backup/restore is vastly better
with a HD. Used as seldom as it is, the HD should outlive the technology
and pass its contents on to the next thing in a few years.

Moose