[OM] Re: Getting the E-3 bug

Subject: [OM] Re: Getting the E-3 bug
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 09:31:00 -0700
There was a list member that had the Tokina 300/2.8. I don't remember his
comments though (several years ago). The KEH Tokina doesn't say anything
about including a hood. Tokina was/is pretty good at selling parts though.

I've seen very nice Tamron 300/2.8 lenses sell well below $700. Don't get
the black / dark charcoal grey Tamron 300/2.8. It won't mount an Olympus
1.4X TC. The hood also mounts different from the green one

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>

KEH has the Tokina version of this lens right now.  It's not as well
thought of/sought after as the Tamron?  Just curious how it compares if
anyone has lived with both.