[OM] Re: any entomologist?

Subject: [OM] Re: any entomologist?
From: "Robert Swier" <robert.swier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 14:04:39 -0400
I consulted my father, an OM user and an entomologist at the
University of New Hampshire. He suggested that the beetle could very
well be covered in fungus. However, he also suggested that it could be
covered in waxy filaments produced by planthopper insects. He said
that ladybird beetles are predators, and the beetle might have crawled
on a plant covered in the filaments, looking for prey (aphids, or the
larvae or eggs of other insects).

Cheers,
Robert Swier
Toronto