[OM] Re: What's up with the OM list?

Subject: [OM] Re: What's up with the OM list?
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:14:34 -0300

> Is everyone out capturing images or is the list down?  I may be dumb,  but
> I'm not stupid, and I know that if either answer is "yes", I won't get a
> response.  Hmm, that question is a little like the one about the tree
> falling in
> the forest and no one being there.  Wonder if the coffee is  ready.  <{8^)
> Bill
> Barber

Summer is just getting started up here in Canada, now that mosquito season
is over. :-) So there is little time for posting, but I do try to read some
of the list. I have to admit I've been pretty slack on capturing images
other than a few snapshots with the C5050. I haven't shot a roll of slides
in the last 2 or 3 months, but later on today I may take a bit of time to go
moose hunting with the OM2s.

I did just miss out on this Oly deal in the 7MP category, # 250012607962 on
the auction site. The body looked pretty bad, and the hot shoe was shot, so
I set my snipe pretty low as the lens may not have been much better. Someone
probably did okay on it.

Walmart had this toy on clearance this week for $249, so I've been busy in
the extra times the last couple days setting it up for my son, Dustin, and
his friends to play in.
http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/1728746

For more list activity, you need controversy. :-) The film/digital debate is
about over, so let's see, what else is there? I bought this controversial
toy recently, http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/1043183/1/85739715
which I plan to shoot a bit with later this afternoon as well. The previous
2 owners never did get around to actually using it, but I've already ruined
that record. No, I have no sensible use for one where I live other than to
play with, thankfully. Mostly I just wanted one because the previous liberal
gov't vowed to take them all away if they were re-elected. Thankfully they
are history for now. Is that enough controversy to get someone started?

Wayne