[OM] Re: OT: Re: Possible focusing aid for 5D with MF lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Re: Possible focusing aid for 5D with MF lenses
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:08:47 -0400
 Hi Jeff,
See below Pnet posts.  I have no 1st hand knowledge and J. obviously does.
Mike

Angle Finder B or C
Hubert Sammons , mar 15, 2003; 10:22 p.m.
I have an Elan 7 and hope to soon have a new 10d. Does anyone have any
experience with the Canon angle finders. The Canon info says both the Elan 7
and the new 10d takes the C angle finder which is twice as expensive as the b
angle finder. What is the difference? What does the b fit the c won't fit.
Thanks
Hugh Sammons

The following keywords and/or sponsored links have been extracted automatically
from the posts in this thread: Canon, macro, cameras, Photography, photography,
Pentax, Minolta, Canon EOS
Answers
Daniel Sandlin , mar 15, 2003; 10:43 p.m.
I too have been looking at these so I don't have to fold over my already
screwed up back while doing macro and other closeups. As far as I can see the
difference is the mount that allows them to slide over the eye peice. what I
have elected to doing is simply find the cheapest one I can find on ebay and if
it don't fit, simply fabricate an eye peice to it so that it will fit.
Photogrpahy on a budget! I have also though about simply building one. with
tubes a prism and a couple of mirrors attached to an eye cup. I have quite a
few prisms from various binoculars I have cannibalized, a dremel to cut down
mirrors and tubes. Amazing what us swamp folk can do when bored in a cold as
piss Oregon winter.

Paul -   , mar 15, 2003; 11:17 p.m.
The angle finder C is a beauty, magnifying from Full View of Viewfinder at
1.25x, to 2.5x closeup for critical focusing the center part of the image, at
the flip of a switch. Unbelievably Bright, Rightside Up, NON-REVERSED image! 10
elements in 7 groups, and roof prism. Built in Diopter adjustment of -5 to +3.
I can take off my glasses! Angle Finder C also has two adapters so that it can
fit any EOS (and perhaps older models) cameras.
I think the Angle finder B reverses the image top-to-bottom and/or
side-to-side, it doesn't have the option of 2.5x (for critical focusing), and I
don't know if it has the eye-piece diopter adjustment.
The "C" model is a solid pice of equipment! Nothing cheap about the design or
build of this one! Well worth the price.

Paul -   , mar 15, 2003; 11:22 p.m.
Oh, I forgot to add - the Angle Finder C also rotates (without removing from
camera) so you can look into it from the top, bottom, or either side of the
camera, or the angles in between!
All on demand. Always Free.