[OM] Semi-OT- Any advice on cutting thin Lexan

Subject: [OM] Semi-OT- Any advice on cutting thin Lexan
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 08:55:52 -0700
Background:  I picked up a Dolan-Jenner fiberoptic light source to provide a
"heatless" light for macro work.  The light will need to be color corrected.
I've fabricated holders for the light pipes and my intent is to sandwich
correction filters (GAM from B&H) between thin (.093) sheets of Lexan to go in
front of the light pipes.  So before I start off on the wrong foot, any advice
on cutting?  Hobby shops are selling Lexan scissors, but they don't mention the
thickness they are good for.  Also, advice on drilling the stuff without
shattering it would be welcome.

Semi-OM content since I'll be shooting with OM gear.

Jay

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets