[OM] Re: OT: Re: Possible focusing aid for 5D with MF lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Re: Possible focusing aid for 5D with MF lenses
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 22:35:43 -0700
Johnny Johnson wrote:
> The angle finder isn't a silver bullet for me when manually focusing
> the 5D.  I wonder if the difference our experiences is that he shoots
> in a studio (as he referenced) with bright, controlled light and I
> shoot in whatever light happens to be available.  Or, I guess it
> could be that he just sees better than I do.

I certainly have found the Oly angle finder to be useful in tripod
mounted work with long telephoto lenses. I haven't tried one on the 5D.
There are 2 or 3 Chinese made copies available quite cheap. It  there
were only one, I might try one. But as there are several, I want to see
a comparison review first.

A perverse Moose