[OM] from the grinding mill

Subject: [OM] from the grinding mill
From: ALI <oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:20:54 -0500
"I stopped in at my local camera shop today and two very excited
clerks told me that they had spoken to a rep that told them that two
bodys would be announced and realeased this fall.

The new pro body will have 12-14mp, live veiw, same build as E-1 and
I was told E-1 grip would fit new body.

It is intended to compete with D200 and priced to do so, $1700.

Second body is replacment for E-500 as the entry level offering.

Body and lenses will be smaller and will have live veiw.

It is going to be a downgrade from 500 and will target women ( which
I remember this being said in the interveiw from Oly a while back)

It will also leave more room between the entry and mid level camera,
the 330.

As with all rumors I take this with a grain of salt, they have aslo
told me that the dust buster on the new sony was licensed from OLy,
on the other hand this is the only info on the new body that they
have offered aside from the sensor was rejecked before"

from another forum.

My question and concern is whether or not existing lenses will be compatible.