[OM] Re: Zuiko pronunciation

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko pronunciation
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 17:09:02 -0400
Agreed.  A native English speaker (American at least) would likely say
"I do take care to accent my words."  As written, the original sentence
is unfinished since I don't believe that accentuate would be used like
this without an object following.  Furthermore, you would not say "I
take care to accentuate my words" since that would have a much different
connotation.

I sure am glad that I haven't had to learn English as a non-native speaker.

Chuck Norcutt