[OM] Re: Backpacks (was: Tripods/ Packs or cases)

Subject: [OM] Re: Backpacks (was: Tripods/ Packs or cases)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:06:35 -0700
I have an Orion AW and it was great for my Oly OM and a set of
lenses. It is just not deep enough for larger autofocus zoom lenses
and D100 DSLR though. Laying the lenses on their sides just wastes
space. I did like the idea of a detachable space that would carry
some of the non-photographic stuff you need when traveling but which
you would not need at the destination. It just did not work out very
well in practice. There are some fiddly straps to mess with to keep
the hip bag attached to the backpack part and you get some odd looks
from the security people and it is awkward to handle. It does not
look at all like a single bag when joined and I would not be
surprised to have some one at an airline decide it is the two bags it
looks like and demand that I check one.

I like the Slingshot 2 better for this purpose and it does not have
to go off your shoulder to get to things.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA