[OM] AK pics

Subject: [OM] AK pics
From: Russ Butler <russ@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:37:45 -0400
We (my wife and I) took a trip to Alaska (5/23 thru 6/24/2006; 10.5K
mi.) on a trusty '88 BMW R100GS (motorcycle).

As I mentioned in a previous post, my OM-1n crapped out early on so I
didn't get any shots. (Vibes, left cocked, not a CLA'd body, etc.; next
time I'll bring a spare body.)

But my wife got lots of shots with a stylus 150 many of which were on
the fly. She does well imho considering that we're moving (usually
rapidly), she's on the back, wearing a full face helmet, and sorta
guessing the view thru the tiny, far from her eye viewfinder. I could
neither ride on the back of a m/c nor take shots from there. Glad she can.

Finally got our costco scans uploaded. Here's a link to representative
pics for those with interest:

http://nfs.nfshost.com/akpics/AKREPPIC.HTM

Riding up and back to AK (thru AB, BC, YT and MT) sorta beats the hell
out of other NA tours imho. We were among snow capped mountains for
about 19 of the 33 days. BEAUTIFUL. So if you have the time just do it.

--
Russ Butler (NJ USA)