[OM] Re: E-1 experience blog

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 experience blog
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:26:55 -0700 (PDT)
Moose eggs me on with:
> So why worry about those who know so little as to believe
> megapixels are all that matters?

This, written by an owner of a new 5D?  :)

Good points, though.  Yes, a camera such as the 5D (or 1DSx)
would fill out my needs nicely for those times where medium or
large format was necessary to fulfill certain requirements. What
continues to grouse me, though, is the general attitude that
every picture today has to be taken with the equivelent of a
medium/large format camera in order to be "good enough". There
are very rare circumstances where anything beyond 5-6MP are
really needed.

I'm not advocating that the E-1 should replace a 5D.  Yes, it is
getting "dated" in some areas. But there are certain
applications (such as portraiture) where the E-1 might not just
be "as good as" the others, but possibly "better" than others.
Skintone, aspect ratio, camera handling, exposure system,
sensor.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com