[OM] Re: E-1 experience blog

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 experience blog
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:38:26 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:
> I don't understand those who claim that the E-1 is woefully inadequate for
> professional use.
This is all so silly. A professional is someone who works for money. A
Pro photographer is someone who does photography for money. The guy with
a 2mp P&S with vaseline smeared on the lens taking pix of kids after
they have had their faces painted and selling instant prints on a cheap
little printer is a "Pro".

Everybody with any knowledge of the field and sense knows that the E-1
is a great camera for those who make money doing portraits and event
photography.

We also know from one of our own that it is "woefully inadequate for"
the technical demands of those who do product photography. We also know
it's "woefully inadequate for" those who make money shooting sports.

If I'd been shooting the Monterey Bay Aquarium for assignment and used
an E-1, I'd have been an idiot, because I couldn't get decent shots of
many of the most popular exhibits. If I tried to use a 5D for event
photography without learning how to work efficiently and successfully
with it's less than perfect WB system, I'd be equally foolish. As I
would be trying to cover action sports with a 5D or an E-1

I could go on and on, but you already know that pro photography covers a
very wide range of subjects and situations and that appropriate tools
also vary widely. How about that award winning photojournalist who used
Oly E-x0x0 cameras as disposables?

So why worry about those who know so little as to believe megapixels are
all that matters? Just go on cheerfully making part of your living using
a tool you have carefully selected to be a fully capable, efficient and
cost effective one for your work - and ignore the fools.

Moose