[OM] OT: recovery software for Macs?

Subject: [OM] OT: recovery software for Macs?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 21:28:37 +0100
Sorry for yet another OT post: I have managed to format a friend's SD
card (on a Coolpix camera) when asked to instruct her in such a
process, only to find that I had deleted photos that I had not
realised were there.

I have tried PhotoRescue, CameraSalvage and MediaRECOVER, to no
avail.  It would seem that not using the Quick Format option I have
managed actually to erase the photos rather than just marking them
for deletion.

Has anyone used a really effective piece of software that that I
might be able to buy for my Mac?  My reputation is at threat here as
she is one of my students ... :-(

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker