[OM] Re: Storage devices

Subject: [OM] Re: Storage devices
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 21:34:46 -0700 (PDT)
NSURIT wrote:
> I've got a laptop, however I'm going on a camping/photo safari
> with Ken, Joel and crew in September. 5 or 6 hours on an
> airplane or in an  airport, 6 1/2 hour boat ride to island,
> hike into remote area with no electricity.  I won't
> be carrying the laptop or my lava lamp,...

Bummer, we could have used the lava lamp. Bring a new novel.

> but I  thought one of these nifty storage devices might be
> useful.  On second  thought, I'm going to have [500# of stuff]

I'm thinking about picking up one of those "Wolverine" PSDs as
listed on B&H, but will most likely get a handful of CF cards
myself. The prices have finally started getting reasonable.

> I think there is still another space for a brave soul with
> nothing more important to do during Labor Day week.  I know
> I'm  going to have a good time.

Actually, we can stuff two more people in. The NPS restricts the
size of the party and we're able to squeeze a couple in.

> Ken told me he was going to carry all my crap to the
> camp site for me

Ahem.  Joel is the designated pack mule.  :)

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com