[OM] Re: Aurora pic - update

Subject: [OM] Re: Aurora pic - update
From: Guillaume Remy <guillaumme_75@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:39:09 +0200 (CEST)
To Moose; thank you, I think that that pic now finally works for me... and a
wish for a quick
recovery to your mom.

To Chuck; That sky is really very saturated... but that's why I took the shot
in the first place
:-) I promise, the sky was really something in that range... many thanks for
your advice; that
foreground was definitely annoying me.

Guillaume

---

Moose wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I've been engaged in other things for a few days. What was to be a 3-4
>hour clinic visit for a test for my mother turned into a three day
>oddesey plus some recovery. She is home now with the main problem
>apparently fixed; still weak but seemingly getting stronger.
>
>I managed to keep up with the list, but not reply to anything. If they
>had WiFi in the hospital buildings, I would have had plenty of time to
>stay active... :-)
>
>Anyway, since my name was invoked in the start of this thread, it seems
>a good place to ease back in.
>
>I agree that either more or less detail in the foreground is better. Of
>the two alternative versions offered, the lighter appeals to me more.
>However, the color seems wrong to me. The foreground is being viewed in
>the light from the sky, but the sky is all red-orange-yellow and the
>foreground is grayish green. Certainly at least the bits of long grass
>left along the fence line should have a tint from the sky. So here's my
>contribution <http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/GRemy1.htm>. It has
>a little more contrast in the foreground, so the brightest parts are
>the
>same luminosity, but the darks go darker.  That way, the texture of the
>plowed ground in front is clearer. A bit too red? I dunno, but I like
>the way the grass and the tops of the furrows pick up the sky color.
>
>Moose
>
>Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>> Ah, the lighter version works for me.  I'd leave the foreground as it
>>is  now.  I think I'd still prefer a bit less saturation on the sky but
>>it's  your picture.

Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son
interface révolutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com