[OM] E-1 images on the net

Subject: [OM] E-1 images on the net
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 23:58:07 +1200
Hi all,

For what it's worth, I had two of the "Torlesse" images printed up at about 8 x
12, as near as you can with a 4/3 image from the E-1.

The Zuiko 500mm image is rather ho-hum; not sharp, unsaturated colours
despite me adding saturation, and so on. Quite muddy colours. I have to do
more with this lens before I decide if it is a keeper. May even have it
cleaned,
but I suspect operational procedures need thorough testing first.

However, the print from the $15 Tokina 135/2.8 lens is a cracker, sharp from
corner to corner. Probably it is a keeper of a lens!! The print is.

This morning the conditions were also reasonably good, and over the course
of about an hour I took 24 shots with the 500, 300, 200 and the Tok 135,
varying on-camera contrast, saturation etc plus UV filter.  I'm not at all
satisfied yet.

I found it very difficult to maintain the horizon at the correct angle; on the
Manfrotto head there always seemed to be creep. Also with the Zuiko 300
collar. I did manage to hold exposure value and recompose; but I'm not sure
that this helped camera/lens stability.  I have to work on stability with the
500.

BTW, I tried e-mailing Walt directly, and his attentive ISP bounced every
sent message.  So, Walt, please advise if you have used your 500 on an E-
thing for a more distant shot than those sharp blue bird shots, and if so, what
do you think of the results?

Cheers, Brian