[OM] Re: Torlesse images

Subject: [OM] Re: Torlesse images
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 17:04:24 +1200
Hi all,

I appreciate the editing that Moose did; I've done that sort of thing myself.

However, I did adjust the online images (on my monitors - desk-top and
laptop) to the luminosity and colours that my eyes saw.

It was a clear crisp morning and the air column obviously was about the one
and same temperature level (somewhere below or near freezing) from top to
bottom, so there was little diffraction of the light path. There would have
been
negligible atmospheric pollution at the altitudes concerned, and if there was
any at ground level it would have been visible in the images.

I suspect that I might have been able to get the 500mm image sharper; I took
only two images, one portrait and one landscape orientation.  Some time I
might get a Katz-eye screen. But not just yet.

Anyway, strange though it may seem, that silvery light shown in my images
is common here under certain atmospheric conditions and at that general
time of day..   As with much photography, you have to pick the moment.

Brian