[OM] Shutter speed with flash on E-500

Subject: [OM] Shutter speed with flash on E-500
From: ALI <oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 20:45:22 -0500
I have set the E-500 to sync at 125 and set the camera in Manual mode to 125
F5.6 typically. Can I set the shutter speed to something else? I know I adjust
the aperture based on the lighting in the room but I just wondered what else I
can do.

BTW I took some shots during my son's graduation using the Stroboframe bracket
w/ the T-32 and TTL Cord - shots came out good. I am going to practice some
more at a wedding this weekend....hopefully I will get some good shots.

One other question, I am a little confused about metering. When setting the
camera in SPOT, it seems to take a bit longer to grab focus. Is that
normal? It
grabs focus quicker with Center Weighted metering. When should I use SPOT and
when should I use something else?

- Ali