[OM] Re: [Fwd: Film scanner + Vuescan opinions wanted]

Subject: [OM] Re: [Fwd: Film scanner + Vuescan opinions wanted]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:29:51 -0400
Marketing speak and compatibility.  When USB 2.0 began to appear on
machines as the new standard people didn't know that USB 1.1 and (real)
USB 2.0 were compatible with respect to both hardware and software.  So
the marketeers (don't you just luv 'em) invented USB 2.0 and high speed
(the real) USB 2.0.  That way a camera maker could advertise that the
camera supported USB 2.0 even when it only ran at 1.1 speeds.  The
uninitiated were happy and tech support was happy that they didn't call
about how to resolve the conflicting standards.  Only we, who notice
that the 2GB card has been downloading since last week, are the complainers.

Chuck Norcutt

  By the way, are you aware that