[OM] Re: [Fwd: Film scanner + Vuescan opinions wanted]

Subject: [OM] Re: [Fwd: Film scanner + Vuescan opinions wanted]
From: Philip Pemberton <philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:17:11 +0100
Bart Wientjes wrote:
> USB 1.1 defenitely is too slow.

That's no problem. My desktop machine has USB2.0 on all eight (!) USB ports.

> What OS are you using? I seem to recollect that Windoze XP has problems with
> (older) SCSI scanners.

Windows 2000 Professional.

> Would FireWire interface be an option for you? Adapters can be had cheapish.

Firewire would be an option - my desktop machine has what appears to be a
Firewire socket (though it's marked "IEEE1394", go figure). I'd prefer USB
though, mainly because all my machines have USB ports.

Thanks.
--
Phil.                         | Kitsune: Acorn RiscPC SA202 64M+6G ViewFinder
philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx         | Cheetah: Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxeV2 512M+100G