[OM] Re: [OT] Leica M lenses coding for digital

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Leica M lenses coding for digital
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:47:39 -0400
At 01:56 AM 6/11/2006, Moose wrote:

>With the 5D, suddenly, I'm only
>seeing the focal length used. So when I took some shots with the 50/1.8
>and two different zooms, I would have had some trouble except I couldn't
>set them to exactly 50mm. I wonder why they would take this apparent
>backward step. Of course, the data may well be there and not being
>extracted.

It is there Moose.  Try viewing the shooting info with the DPP
software that shipped with the camera and you'll see it.  I believe
that the problem is that Canon, for some unknown reason, stores that
info in some Maker Notes areas of the EXIF data and the location
changes with each model that's released.  Maybe some software updates
would help?

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson