[OM] Moose slips in the back door.

Subject: [OM] Moose slips in the back door.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:16:57 -0700
Hi gang!

I've been unintentionally out of touch most of the week. We had a
marvelous time in Monterey. We stayed in a place with WiFi, but somehow
confusions, errors and miscommunications between the latest version of
Thunderbird, and/or a newly installed upgrade to Norton Internet
Security and/or the WiFi provider and/or gmail led to trouble and list
mail ending up partly on one computer, with some duplicate entries, and
partly on another. All too much to fuss with when off larking about for fun.

All straightened out now except for the Norton stuff, which their live
chat techs somewhere on the Indian subcontinent have been unable to fix
so far. It works fine until Thunderbird downloads some mail, then
politely tells me it has to shut down, sorry about that and have a nice
day - and then may or may not leave internet access working. Fortunately
this is on the laptop, so it doesn't interfere at home.

Fortunately, there wasn't all that much of enough interest to me or
about which I have opinions which 'must be heard' that I feel the need
to respond, although there are a few.... :-)

First, I have to add my appreciation of Iwert's Blue Girl. Just a
fabulous shot. Also a poster shot for E-1 skin tones; I really should
have one of those - if I shot many people pics. ;-)

Next, since somebody else has suggested a non-Oly camera in response to
Gareth's request for an Oly recommendation, I feel safe in giving my
opinion that the Fuji F10 and F11, and probably what F30 when it shows
up, are simply outstanding cameras. The F10 I have regularly takes
absolutely first rate images. I've taken over 1,000 shots with it and am
still impressed.

And thanks to JMac for the link to the hummingbird pics. I used to live
with a hummingbird rehabber, so I've seen that process right in the
comfort of my home, but what a wonderful reminder fro me and
documentation for everyone. By the way hummingbird folks call the
little, featherless new hacthlings 'beans'.

And thanks to Winsor for the link about Innova-F paper

Moose